Sunday, January 27, 2013

Essay about Passions


             A person is born with passions. Those give flavor to his/her life and make every part of the world colorful. Passions do not make us happy throughout our existence but give satisfaction on how we live our life. They are the center of our desires, and are the bridges of our body and soul. Without them, our life would be a wilted rose that lost its beauty and spirit. They are but a sparks of our lives. They guide us on the road that we should take, but it’s our option to follow it. I know now where my spark is, and I found it in a spotlight – theater acting.
             I was five years old then when I started to enjoy watching theater plays especially the musical ones. I took pleasure in watching my favorite characters being followed by the spotlight. Since that day, I have been telling myself, “I will be in a spotlight soon”. I began building my passion in school plays, group skits and short films, and that made me feel that I was following the right spark.
             I want to pursue my passion, being a theater artist, but my parents said that that wouldn't give me better opportunities. They wanted me to take a science course, even though my heart was not there. I had no choice but to ignore the call of my spark and take the road that others wanted me to go on. After some time, I realized that my life would never be complete without my passion. I’m planning now to go back and follow the spark that’s calling me. I’m now ready to step into the spotlight.
            Passions define you– so am I. They are the little sparks that give fire to our lives but eventually will comprise the biggest part of our humanity. It’s never too late to pursue your passions. Just keep your heart hoping and your sparks blazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment